Sunday 25 April 2010

Zone Of The Enders & Metro 2033

Even though i SERIOUSLY shouldn't have, i decided to play Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner for a bit this week, and i will admit, I am a big fan. On Normal, it's rather challenging, but you can expect no less from an old PS2 game. It's a fantastic mech game though, straight out of the mind of Kojima, and it's pretty darn good. It has SO much MGS2-ness going on, and the anime cutscenes are quite cool and interesting. I've played for quite a while now, and i'm still having fun, although it's gotten harder. It's always nice to discover a fun PS2 game =>

I also managed to complete Metro 2033. Although it feels like i've lost a few years off my life because of it, it didn't take too long, and by the end was quite worth it. I thought it was a bad game and was really disappointed initially, but it's mainly cause of the bit i was stuck on. To be honest, the first 3 hours and last 5 hours that made that game to me. The middle 4 hours were ANNOYING. In the end though, it was a generally fun, spooky and at times scary adventure. What took me by serious surprise was the fact that there's a secret ending which you can only get by making the 'right choices'. Without ruining anything, let's just say you end up making a COMPLETELY different decision at the climax of the game. *sigh* This is why i say 'morality' in games is nonsense. It can be a nice feature in some ways, but to me it's mostly gimmicky and unnecessary. I do love how Kojima adds secret unseen paths in his games where certain choices will alter certain conditions, but i like how he doesn't pass them off as 'moral'. Oh well.

Anyway, new week. Work to do, games to play, anime to watch, books to read, loneliness to feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment